Friday, August 27, 2010

My...Oh...My...Research Paper, Here I Come~~~

Having to meet Dr Husnia aka my supervisor for this subject's research paper, I became extremely nervous as I had no idea what to expect from her...On Friday, the day me and my other friends were supposed to meet Dr Husnia, she suddenly had to attend to something thus cancelling our meeting...At that time, I felt my heart just go 1000 tons lighter as honestly, I was not prepared with my research title just yet...We set up another meeting on Tuesday and all of us brainstormed for ideas...

In doing this paper, I decided to do on a genre of fictions that I love the most which is 'MYSTERY' as in investigation and crime...I think this is the only genre that I can work on with ease of mind...However, I cannot pick a specific part of mystery I wanted to work on...SO, what I prepared in my draft to see Dr Husnia was just a general idea on mystery fictions that I know of...

The time to meet Dr Husnia finally came, and with a fast beating heart, me and my friends entered her office...As expected, my lack of focus on mystery genre proven to be the main issue with her...After being dazed and confused with her constant questioning on what part of mystery fiction I was going to work on, I received a suggestion from her concerning my research paper...She suggested I do on 'Mystery Fiction for Young Adult'...A VERY GOOD suggestion...I get to do what I like the most which is mystery fiction and it has a path to work on...

But, sitting at home, thinking, I cannot get any idea on the suggested title...This is a HUGE problem I supposed...Since I am not well equipped with mystery books for young adult, I became lost again...Now I'm still considering whether I want to work with the suggested title or find another title that I can work on...URGHHHH!!!

Hides in room, scratching head for ideas...STRESS is filling myself up~~~

4 comments:

Hi Rahimah,

Don’t worry, Imah. You will find that inspiration in no time. Believe in yourself.

All the best in your working on the research paper! :)
 
Hi Ima,
A month has passed; I believe you are at least half way through your research paper. Sitting and brain storming on your research paper topic for the first time is rather horrendous, I know. You just need to keep writing of all the thoughts that get into your head when you think about your research topic, that would help a little. A little more reading will definitely solve your problem of lack of idea. Loosen up a little and continue to work on your research paper. YOU CAN DO IT! All the best!
 
I understand what you are feeling right now. Just believe in yourself and try your best is not enough. Why don't you discuss it with your friends. Maybe they can help you to come out with few ideas about the topic you are researching on?
 
No worries you can do it. Don't put to much pressure it may shorten your life..hehehe...Maybe you can borrow all the books from library or as suggested try to discuss it with your friends. Maybe they can help you.
 

Post a Comment