Monday, August 16, 2010

I want to be a RON CLARK!!!

Well, Can I??? Not literally be a guy teaching in New York...But rather being an ambitious teacher...I am a FUTURE teacher and most probably going to be called 'TEACHER RAHIMAH' in less than a year...so, I would love to have a drive as much as Ron Clark has...

Ooopss, btw Ron Clark is a character played by Matthew Perry in The Triumph...We were blessed to be able to watch this movie on tutorial the other day...Having watched the movie on TV several times before, I got excited with the fact that this film can be shared with all my course mates because to me, this film is very inspiring to all teachers in the world...

Ron Clark, a real life character of an American teacher teaches us that a teacher must have an extra drive to teach in order to encourage students to study...He not only left his comfort home and school, he also choose to teach at one of the most depressing class in Harlem New York...Seemingly helpless in helping the kids from different races with different social background to be good in school, he defies all odds and succeeds in molding his students to be the best there is...

This movie reminds me of the importance of enthusiasm that I have to have in order to become a teacher...Currently, with all the stress of being Final Year students and the stories of how dreadful it is to be in school by people around me, I somewhat lost the drive to be a teacher...I became scared and somewhat skeptical on my choice to become a teacher...Imagine, me, not yet a teacher yet has almost dry myself with the thoughts of how scary it is to be a teacher...

Now, I got a new resolution...I want to be a 'Ron Clark' kind of teacher...Yes, I can!!!!

3 comments:

yup..i am totally agree with your opinion...as a teacher to be we should have the drive. 'the drive' that will lead us to be more than a good teacher. This is because, the fact is the students need us not just to teach them but they need us to be their friend, to be by their side, to listen to their problem, to encourage them. So, 'the drive' to be a teacher should be there. We must be ready to face the students even we are bombarded with stories on how bad the teachers outside there are treated and how painful it is to be at a SCHOOL.
 
TEACHER...stand in front of students in the class as a teacher means that we have to 'teach' them...most of us want our students to pass the exam with flying colors...but how many of us teach them the meaning of life...through this movie we can see how the teacher really 'teach' the students to understand the meaning of life which full of hardness, obstacle etc...may be we cannot become as another 'ron clark' but hopefully we can share his passion to face the reality in teaching...
 
A Promising Movie

I would first like to start off by stating that I am upset whenever people call movies cliché and unbelievable. I am not upset for the movie, but the careless individuals who don't seem to realize that the movie is based on a true story- loosely or not.

Personally, I enjoy this movie because I believe I can understand what kind of things went on in Ron Clark's classroom and mind (although not fully). If you look for the differences between Chandler (from Friends) and Ron Clark (whom he depicts) then you will most certainly find similarities. However, if you just watch the movie with an open mind the acting he portrays in the movie should seem like a different character. Ron Clark wasn't cracking stupid jokes all the time, dancing like a fool, and he didn't even make that fake innocent face that he does all the time on Friends.

I think what impacted me the most about this movie is the fact that Ron Clark cared so much about his students that he basically invested his life (social, mental, and even the financial part apparently). There are movies that fascinate people with special effects, plot twists, and hot actors. However, this movie explains the truth of a man's story, and that itself was enough for 'me' to feel empathy with this movie. It is true that the ending of the story is obvious, however how it happens and how well seemed to be a mystery throughout the whole movie.
 

Post a Comment