Friday, August 20, 2010

Lets Get Married~~~Yeay~~

All I can say is 'NOT NOW'.....why not now???I don't even have a boyfriend for god sake...So how am I suppose to get married, RIGHT???
Marriage, an overrated word that signifies HAPPINESS, BLISSFUL life together with your spouse...why did I say overrated???Because it simply is overrated...It seems like the best option you can have where you would think you will easily be living with your spouse happily ever after...well~~~
First of all, it is NEVER easy...not only the life in the marriage itself, which I dare not to talk about as I am not yet married but the life before marriage itself...so, I'll focus on the hardship before marriage itself...

Not having a significant others, some of my family members sigh and worry on how am I suppose to get married...I am not getting younger (though I'm still 22) and where will I find my significant others now that I'm almost approaching the end of my studies...So some said that why not resort to browsing for guys in the neighborhood or maybe from close acquaintances... Ok, that is so 'Arrange Marriage'...the topic that me and my course mates discuss on class with Dr.Jaya...
I don't oppose it, YES...but I'm not saying I'll conform to it either...I'll only agree to it if I have atleast some say in choosing the guy...I don't want my life be decided just by others opinions...I need to be sure that the guy is perfectly imperfect and is compatible with me...I don't want a creepy guy as my spouse either...hehehehe...besides, in this modern age, arrange marriage is no longer fix, it is rather giving the options to guys and girls to look around for significant others outside of their networking area...It is not suppose to be forceful in which you are obliged to marry the person you are arranged to...RIGHT???

But hey, if anyone want to arrange 'dates' or 'future-significant-other' to me, I am most welcome to...

1 comments:

I sooo agree with your statement of " it is not suppose to be forceful in which you are obliged to marry the person you are arranged to right??". This statement is very true in this era i would say. Nowadays, we find it very hard to see an arranged wedding. This is because young people nowadays prefer to choose their own life partner compared to the ones that their pasrents choose for them. As for me, definately i would go for love marriage. This is because we get to choose the right partner that we want, but i'm not saying this kind of marriges last long. Love marriages also has its own flaws. What i can say is if you get the rights to choose your own partner, later if anything goes wrong you just can't blame your parents for your choice. It was your choice and it is your responsibility to take full care of your life. So people if you get to choose your partner go on and live with it...do not find fault in the marriages as the problems starts of with ourselves!!
 

Post a Comment